MANAGING DANGEROUS STUDENTS
Contact Campus Police at 615-898-2424 immediately.
- If the student poses an immediate danger to others, you may choose to dismiss the class while waiting for police intervention.
- Do not delay assistance by calling counselors or other administrators for assistance. The first call should be to law enforcement.
- Use good judgment to protect your safety and the safety of others. Do not attempt to keep the student from leaving the classroom.
- Avoid escalating the situation; speak calmly and with concern.
- Document the incident including any witnesses that were present and forward the documents to the appropriate office (e.g., MTSU Office of Student Conduct at MTSU Box 17 or Student Assistance Coordinating Committee at 615-898-2670).
- Avoid physical contact.