The Testing Process
Important Notice: Before testing with our office students must:
How We Conduct Exams/Quizzes
The DAC strives to function as an extension of the classroom. The DAC provides registered students with a room, as well as various accommodations the student may receive. The DAC administers the exam as the instructor dictates while within DAC policy. Instructors may send the exam/quiz and exam receipt by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (615-898-4893), or hand-deliver to our office (KUC 107). If the instructor does not provide instructions, provides incomplete instructions, or does not send the exam/quiz, the DAC will follow the default test process instructions.
Additional Points of Emphasis
- We cannot send or receive correspondence via D2L. Please do not try to contact the DAC through D2L.
- When a student is given less than three (3) business days’ notice of an exam/quiz (ex. pop quizzes), the DAC will be unable to administer the exam/quiz. The student is still expected to receive all accommodations.
- Online exams/quizzes are treated the same as on-campus exams/quizzes. Instructors who have any concerns regarding adjusting exam/quiz times or any other accommodations may contact the DAC or the Learning, Teaching, and Innovative Technologies Center (mtsu.edu/Itanditc/index.php) for assistance. Students who schedule online exams/quizzes are encouraged to schedule within business hours when possible.
- In the case of inclement weather, the DAC will be flexible with rescheduling exams/quizzes based on university policy.
- Students who need to schedule placement tests should contact Jason Harrison at 615-898-2568.
Activate the Play button below for an overview of testing services by Jessica Miller, a former student. You will find more tour clips on the main section pages of our website.