Internship experience becomes an opportunity after graduation for one student
April 6 2022A Data Science student tells of his internship experience and the opportunities that resulted from that summer.
What should every data scientist know when working with ZIP Codes?
Michael Erskine | January 18 2022When working with Zip codes, data scientists must fully understand what zip codes are. It's more complex than just being part of an address.
What Makes Spatial Data Special Data?
Michael Erskine | January 11 2022There is a wide variety of data but is there one more special than the others?
Financial Data Science Applications
| December 10 2021Data science goes hand-in-hand with finance. It helps credit card companies with financial fraud prevention.
Why pursue Data Science?
| December 2 2021Why pursue Data Science? There are several reasons, here are a few.
- CDS Seminar: "Environmental Data Science: Recent projects from the Data Science Institute" Feb 6, 2023
- CDS Seminar "The Broader Implications of AI in Basic and Applied Sciences: Featuring ChatGPT, GitHub Copilot, and DALL-E 2*" Jan 25, 2023
- A quick note on predictive modeling process May 10, 2022
- Computational Papyrology: Using Data Science to Understand Ancient Manuscripts Apr 27, 2022
- Getting a job after graduation Apr 27, 2022