Welcome to the Professional Development home of the MTSU Professional Counseling program. Our goal is to enhance the professional development of school and mental health practitioners by offering (or sponsoring/co-sponsoring) presentations, workshops, and online continuing education opportunities. MTSU is a NBCC-approved continuing education provider.
None at the current time.
Online Continuing Education
- Providing Solution-Focused Supervision in a Developmental Framework - learn about the developmental features of counselor trainees and Solution-Focused
Counseling techniques that can be employed with them in supervision. This video serves
as an orientation to the clinical aspects of supervision.
- Clinical Supervision: The Discrimination Model - learn about Bernard’s model of supervising counselor trainees. This is a “re-training”
video for supervisors who require additional and/or updated training in supervision.
For MTSU Supervisors:
Supervisors of MTSU Professional Counseling Program students are eligible to receive two (2) complimentary continuing education (CE) clock hours by viewing one or both of the available videos and completing the corresponding online quiz (must answer 70% of the questions correctly). One clock hour is awarded per video.
To receive the information regarding the quiz, please email Dr. Robin Lee and provide the name(s) of the students being supervised.
For Non-MTSU Supervisors:*
Supervisors of non-MTSU Professional Counseling students are eligible to receive one (1) continuing education clock hour for $25.00 (per video session/completed quiz). To participate in the continuing education opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Purchase access to the online quiz.
- View one of the videos. Once you have viewed the video, please email Dr. Robin Lee at email@example.com to receive access to the online quiz.
- Complete the online quiz (must answer 70% of the questions correctly). You will receive a certificate of completion.
If you are interested in supervising students in the Professional Counseling Program, please contact Dr. Michelle Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MTSU Professional Counseling Program has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #4216). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MTSU Professional Counseling Program is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.