- What is MTMail?
- What is the process to activate my account?
- Do I have to use MTMail?
- How do I sign in?
- Why am I redirected to a login site at login.microsoftonline.com?
- Who is eligible for MTMail?
- Can I keep this account after I leave MTSU?
- Why does MTSU use Microsoft for email?
- What are the benefits to students?
- What does this cost me?
- What's the benefit to Microsoft?
What is MTMail?
MTMail is the email system for students of Middle Tennessee State University. It is a partnership between the university and Microsoft, using Office 365.
What is the process to activate my account?
Once you receive notice that your Email account has been created, you need to do the following
- Go the Password Recovery Tool to set your password – Make sure you have registered a personal email in PipelineMT.
- On the Manage Your Username and Password page, check the box for MTMail/Pipeline.
- Wait 15 minutes after you have changed your password.
- Log in to MTMail (Office 365).
Do I have to use MTMail?
No. However, all official university email will be sent to your MTMail account. If you choose to use a different email system, you will need to set up forwarding from your MTMail account.
How do I sign in?
Students can sign-in by clicking the MTSU Email link on the home page and then clicking on the MTMAIL icon or go straight to http://www.mtsu.edu/mtmail. You will be redirected to a Microsoft Office 365 Outlook page for sign-in. Enter your full email address: email@example.com and your password. If you do not know the password, please go the Password Recovery Tool to set or change your password – Make sure you have registered a personal email in PipelineMT.
Why am I redirected to a login site at login.microsoftonline.com?
MTMail is a service provided by Microsoft. If you type www.mtsu.edu/mtmail into your web browser, it will redirect you to the Office 365 login page -- this is the login page for MTMail.
Who is eligible for MTMail?
All currently enrolled students of Middle Tennessee State University, as well as alumni from Fall 2005 and forward.
Can I keep this account after I leave MTSU?
If you graduate from the university, you may keep your MTMail account. If you leave the University for another reason, your access will be terminated in about a year.
Why does MTSU use Microsoft for email?
The partnership with Microsoft allows us to offer enhanced email services to students, including greatly increased storage capacity, without cost to the university or our students.
What's the benefit to using Microsoft Office 365?
- Significantly increased email storage
- Calendar feature for personal, academic and student involvement use (record appointments, share calendars, schedule meetings)
- Recognition and credibility of the mtmail.mtsu.edu address - particularly valuable in conducting official university business or communicating with professors who may not recognize non-MTSU addresses
- Ability to synchronize contacts and calendars with Mobile phones
- Anti-Spam and virus protection
What does this cost me?
MTMail is a free service to students.
What's the benefit to Microsoft?
Microsoft hopes that the positive experience you have with MTMail will result in your continued use of their services after you graduate.