Virginia Peck Trust Fund
The Virginia Peck Trust Fund Committee accepts proposals from English faculty to bring speakers to MTSU that will enrich the intellectual and cultural experiences of students (and the public). Application periods will be announced by email early each academic year.
Effective proposals include:
- a brief declaration describing the event/person for which/whom the funds are sought, which includes the amount requested from the VPTF;
- a brief explanation of the event and biography of the person being brought to campus;
- a brief listing of the events the speaker will hold and when (these should emphasize student interaction/impact);
- a detailed budget that includes travel, housing, meals, honorarium, etc., as well
as external funding sources (that a requester has sought and received funding external
[to the VPTF] is a big plus).
- A few external programs at MTSU that frequenstly co-sponsor events:
- Relevant academic departments can also be approached for support.
How to Apply
- VPTF Application Form
- Download, complete, and email as attachment to current VPTF Committee Chair (listed below).
- Model Application
VPTF Committee 2021-2022
- Dr. Michael Neth, Co-chair
- Dr. Marion Hollings, Co-chair
- Dr. Gaylord Brewer
- Dr. Jim Comas
- Dr. Laura White
Department of English
Middle Tennessee State University
1301 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Main Office: Peck Hall 302
Chair: Dr. Stephen Severn
Telephone: (615) 898-2648