Dr. Wandi Ding is the Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Middle Tennessee State University. She serves as faculty for the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Computational Science program, as well as the Honors College.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, The University of Tennessee - Knoxville (UTK), 2006
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics, Ocean University of China, 2001
- B.S. in Mathematics Education, Qingdao University, China, 1998.
Dr. Ding conducts research on mathematical biology, computational biology, optimal control, mathematical modeling, ordinary and partial differential equations, difference equations and hybrid systems, with applications to population dynamics, disease modeling, natural resource management and systems biology. See Research for details.
Dr. Ding finished her Post Doctoral Research with Drs. Suzanne Lenhart and Louis Gross on optimal control of spatial ecology and natural resource management. See the Grid Computing Project for Ecological Modeling and Spatial Control.
Dr. Ding is a member of
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM),
- American Mathematical Society (AMS) ,
- Society for Mathematical Biology (SMB),
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) ,
- Phi Kappa Phi,
- Resource Modeling Association (RMA),
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS),
- The American Association for the Advancement (AAAS)
- Dr. Ding served as President (2011-12), Vice President (2009-11), and Secretary (2008-09)
for the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (PKP) at MTSU chapter. We got "Chapter of Excellence"
2009-10, and “Chapter of Merit Award” 2008-09.
Dr. Ding is a referee for
- SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics,
- Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications,
- Optimal Control Applications and Methods,
- Journal of Theoretical Biology,
- Mathematical Biosciences,
- Ecological Applications,
- Natural Resource Modeling,
- Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering,
- Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications,
- International Journal of Computer Mathematics,
- Journal of Biological Dynamics,
- Journal of Biological Systems,
- Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series B.
- Applied Mathematical Modeling,
- International Journal of Dynamics and Control,
- Environment and Natural Resources Research,
- Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences,
- Applicable Analysis,
- International Journal of Biomathematics,
- Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science,
- Communications in Mathematics and Applications
- Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications
- Pearson Education,
- McGraw-Hill Educatio
- Spora: A Journal of Biomathematics
- Chaos, Solitons & Fractals
Curriculum Vitae , updated December 2017.
- Co-PI: NSF ADVANCE IT-Catalyst (NSF HRD #1409638): A Catalyst to ADVANCE the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic STEM
Careers at Middle Tennessee State University (with B. Bartel, J. Iriarte-Gross, J. Eller and K. Petersen), 2014 - 2018.
MTSU ADVANCE Web Page
- Guest Editor: Special Issue Dedicated to the 65th Birthday of Suzanne Lenhart, Journal of Natural Resource Modeling, 2017 - 2018.
- Editor: Society for Mathematical Biology (SMB) Digest, 2013 - current
- Editor: American Research Journal of Mathematics, 2017 - current
- Editor: International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 2014 - current
- Board of Contributing Advisors for SIMIODE: Systemic Initiative for Modeling Investigations and Opportunities with Differential Equations, 2017 - current
- Board Member of Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (WISTEM) Center
- Honors Faculty
- President (2011-12), vice president (2009-11), and secretary (2008-09) of Phi Kappa Phi at MTSU --- Let the Love of Learning Rule Humanity
- Member of Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) Student Chapters Committee 2009-12, and serve as mentor for AWM Mentor Network