So-called “cancel culture” is not a new phenomenon, particularly when it comes to American comic strips, Free Speech Center Director Ken Paulson explains in USA Today.
'Cancel culture' not a new thing
Explore The First Amendment Encyclopedia
The First Amendment Encyclopedia collection has more than 1,500 articles on First Amendment topics, court cases and history. Browse our table of contents and learn more about searching and using the encyclopedia.
- Breyer, Gorsuch join to promote education about Constitution
- Alex Jones' $49.3M verdict and the future of misinformation
- Is Alex Jones' trial about free-speech rights?
- New history of free speech has lessons that ring true today
- Ida B. Wells: newspaper editor who crusaded against lynchings
- New edition: A Companion to the United States Constitution and its Amendments