(NOTE: By clicking the link above, you will be leaving the MTSU website.)
Free Speech Center newsletter 7/20/21 - Subscribe now
Want to support the Free Speech Center?
Explore The First Amendment Encyclopedia
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” – The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
The First Amendment Encyclopedia collection has more than 1,500 articles on First Amendment topics, court cases and history. Browse our table of contents and learn more about searching and using the encyclopedia.
- Press-freedom groups want Seattle officers identified
- Wis. teenager wins lawsuit over Covid social media post
- New study finds First Amendment ‘vital,’ but many divided on details
- First Amendment theater: Our 5 freedoms on stage and screen
- Still the land of the free and the home of the brave?
- New book traces religious disestablishment in American states from 1776 to 1883