(NOTE: By clicking the link above, you will be leaving the MTSU website.)
Free Speech Center newsletter 9/14/21 - Subscribe now!
Want to support the Free Speech Center?
Explore The First Amendment Encyclopedia
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” – The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
The First Amendment Encyclopedia collection has more than 1,500 articles on First Amendment topics, court cases and history. Browse our table of contents and learn more about searching and using the encyclopedia.
- For Constitution Day: Teach our freedoms with free Bill of Rights book
- Free Speech Center newsletter 9/14/21 - Subscribe now!
- Dismissal of consumer-protection suit against Fox News affirmed
- Still the land of the free and the home of the brave?
- New book traces religious disestablishment in American states from 1776 to 1883
- How the fight against American communism contributed to First Amendment free speech and association rights