How to Join an NPHC Fraternity or Sorority
Each NPHC fraternity and sorority brings in new members at various times of the year through a process called Membership Intake. All organizations governed by the National Pan- Hellenic Council have different requirements for membership. These organizations are permitted to conduct intake based on the chapters schedule and/ or their need for expansion. Some organizations conduct intake each academic year, while others might not. When organizations are looking to conduct Membership Intake, many of them will host an informational meeting in which the criteria for membership is explained. These are usually publicized via flyers on campus. NPHC will host a general information session about all of its organizations for students who have questions or are unsure about the intake process. This event is called the NPHC Informational and will be held on September 7, 2021, at 6:30 p.m.. Check @mtsu_nphc for more details closer to the date.
Are you interested in more information or notification when NPHC and chapters have
Requirements to Join an NPHC Organization
Typically, a student must obtain a collegiate GPA of 2.50 or higher, community service experience, and involvement in clubs or community activities. Nevertheless, each NPHC organization has its own requirements set by their (inter)national organization and the MTSU chapter. Please contact the MTSU chapter that you are interested in for more information.
Five Helpful Hints on joining an NPHC Organization
- Research us! We all have separate national websites that talk about our purpose, passion, and goals. Reading our websites will give you a better perspective on what we look for in potential members.
- Come talk to us! We are very friendly and LOVE when people ask about our organizations!
- Attend our programs. Not only do we host these programs to educate and uplift the community around us, but also to recruit members who have the same passions as we do.
- Scholarship. Remember, you are a student first. We have certain GPA requirements that new members must meet.
- Get Involved!! Being diverse in other clubs and organizations on campus is a great way to show leadership skills and build relationships with other community members. We want well-rounded members.