Spring 2023 Events
MTSU's Gamma Iota Sigma Omega Chapter's Officers, Members and Advisors invite you to:
- Calendar of Events
- Jan 26- GIS open house
- Feb 9- *Mock interviews* KUC 328-IGNITE EVENT
- “I got the Interview! Now What?” Introduction and Mock Interview with Industry Professionals. Opportunity for all students and alumni to practice interview skills. Schedule your interview on MTSU Handshake. 1pm-4pm Here's the link: https://mtsu.joinhandshake.com/events/1197326/share_preview
- Feb 17- 18- GIS Regional Conference
- 2-day conference in Dallas Fort Worth, TX will feature a career fair, educational sessions, professional development, and community service, as well as networking with chapters and employers.
Registration cost: $25 per student includes travel and hotel stay. Conference registration is only open to GIS Students.Not a GIS Member? You can still join Gamma Iota Sigma
- Feb 21- Rebekah Ratcliff *DEI*-STUDENT UNION BUILDING -PARLIAMENTARY ROOM 201-IGNITE
Black HISTORY Month. Rebekah Ratliff a credentialed former insurance professional with more than 25 years of experience as a commercial claim professional, responsible for evaluating, and negotiating complex casualty claims loss matters, nationwide and internationally, with settlements totaling in the millions. https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebekah-ratliff-a18b4735/
- Rebekah is the President of the Atlanta Chapter of the National African American Insurance Association (NAAIA) and is active with other leading insurance industry organizations (CLM Alliance). Ms. Ratliff is an Advisor to the African Caribbean Insurance Network (ACIN) and a member of the Insurance Supper Club (ISC) both based in London, UK. Ms. Ratliff was awarded a 7th U.S. District (IL) Congressional Award for her work in the field of dispute resolution
- Mar 8-12- Las Vegas Trip-(Spring Break)
- Mar 16- Gamma Game Night
- Mar 22-23 Estreme Risk Takers Symposium Chicago
- Hosted by Illinois State University, this symposium is geared towards risk management and insurance students. This two-day event offers educational sessions and networking opportunities with peers and industry professionals. The event generally attracts 150 students from more than 20 universities as well as 15-17 firms participating in the career fair and networking reception.
- Apr 6- Krista Scott Guest speaker *DEI* TBD
- April 17- Golf Tournament
- April 21 - Banquet
- International Insurance Markets London, England Maymester email Dr. Dave Wood for
- Teaching Global Risk Management during the Maymester. This course studies the transfer of risk from main street USA through standard insurance markets.
If you have any questions please reach out Lori Huertas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here is the link and QR code for our GIS Interest form.