Nutrition Nuts and Bolts Presentation
Health Promotion facilitates this presentation for classrooms and student groups to educate audience members on the nutrients which provide energy, the daily caloric needs of individuals based on gender, height, and activity level, and the components of a balanced diet. The presentation lasts approximately 45 minutes. For information on scheduling Nutrition Nuts and Bolts, contact Lisa Schrader at 615-494-8704 or Lisa.Schrader@mtsu.edu.
*Data presented are from the American College Health Association's National College Health Assessment conducted Spring 2013 which included 1,274 MTSU students. A full report of all participating post-secondary institutions is available at www.acha-ncha.org.
- 45.5% of MTSU students meet the American College of Sports Medicine's and the American Heart Association's recommendations for physical activity (moderate-intensity cardio or aerobic exercise for at least 30 minutes on five or more days per week or vigorous-intensity cardio or aerobic exercise for at least 20 minutes on three or more days per week).
- 65.7% of MTSU students eat only 1 or 2 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- 3.2% of MTSU students eat 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- 51.0% of students were trying to lose weight at the time they completed the survey
- 10. 8% of students were trying to gain weight at the time they completed the survey
Have a question or concern? Contact the MTSU Health Promotion Office.