Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Applications to the Ph.D. in Human Performance and for M.S. in Exercise Science, the M.S. in Health and Human Performance, the M.S. in Leisure and Sport Management, and Summer/Fall admission must be complete by March 1 and applications for Spring admission must be complete by October 1. Late applicants who meet the admission criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Ph.D. in Human Performance requires 60 credit hours past the master's degree. A maximum of 12 hours from the master's degree may be transferred in from an accredited doctoral program. Two-thirds of the program must be at the 7000 level. The general degree plan includes 10 hours of pedagogy, 15 hours of research tools, 23 hours in coursework and independent research in one of the four areas of specialization (Exercise Science, Health, Leisure Studies, Physical Education). Twelve credit hours of dissertation are included in the 60 hours required.
- Exercise Science – Dr. Don Morgan Don.Morgan@mtsu.edu
- Health – Dr. Andrew Owusu Andrew.Owusu@mtsu.edu
- Leisure Studies– Dr. Steve Estes, Steven.Estes@mtsu.edu
- Physical Education – Dr. Don Belcher, Don.Belcher@mtsu.edu
Click on the program below to learn about the procedures for applying to the M.S. Degree
- Exercise Science – Dr. Don Morgan, Don.Morgan@mtsu.edu
- Leisure & Sport Management – Dr. Steve Estes, Steven.Estes@mtsu.edu
- Health and Human Performance:
Click here to go to the College of Graduate Studies.
Prospective Student Forms
- Apply to Graduate School
- Graduate Assistantship Application
- Certificate of Immunization (US and Permanent Resident Students Only)
- Educational Leadership Letter of Reference Form
- College of Graduate Studies Letter of Reference Form
- Application to Take Graduate Level Coursework as an Undergraduate
International Student Forms
- Certificate of Immunization (International Student Only)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Financial Statement Form
- Tuberculosis Screening Form
- International Student Transfer Verification
- Foundation Graduate Student Scholarship
- Samuel H. Howard MBA Scholarship
- Tammy Jones Memorial Scholarship
- Mary W. and Chester R. Martin Scholarship
- Albert L. and Ethel Carver Smith Scholarship
- Request for In-State Classification Form (Only US Citizens/Permanent Residents are eligible)
- Transfer Equivalency Form
For additional information, contact Ann Dismukes.