2018 Conference Information for Participants
- Conference registration fees are $150 for presenting participants; $75 for students and un(der)employed. The conference is free to all MTSU employees and students.
- Participants will receive an email when registration opens, including a link and deadlines. Registration must be completed online.
- Registration fees include conference materials, IT services, conference shuttle and/or campus parking, and conference meals (see below).
CONFERENCE HOTELDoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Murfreesboro 1850 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States 37129
Phone: 615-895-5555 Website
- A limited number of rooms are available at the conference rate of $99 for a single room (king or two double beds). All room rates are subject a 9.75% state sales tax and a 5% hotel occupancy tax.
- In order to obtain the conference rate, state that you are with the “MTSU Holocaust and Genocide Studies Conference.”
- You must book your room before March 20, 2018 to get the reduced rate.
- Make plane reservations for the Nashville International Airport.
- Murfreesboro is approximately 28 miles SE of Nashville.
- We do not provide airport-to-hotel transportation. Participants may rent a car, use Lyft, or take an airport taxi.
- Driving directions to the University
- If you plan to drive, please check the box you will find on the registration form for a parking permit, and we will mail it to you or you may pick it up at the registration desk at the conference.
- If you need a handicapped permit, be sure to bring your own handicapped hangtag and display it along with the MTSU parking permit. If you have a metal handicapped license plate, all you will need to use MTSU handicapped spaces is the MTSU parking permit displayed in your front window.
CONFERENCE SHUTTLE (from conference hotel to campus and back)
- We will furnish a complimentary shuttle service between the conference hotel and the James Union Building on the MTSU campus twice a day—in the morning before the conference begins and a return trip at the end of the day’s events. We provide no other transportation during the day.
CONFERENCE MEALS (all covered by registration fees)
- Daily Continental Breakfast
We provide a light breakfast to registered conference participants. It will include muffins or sweet rolls and fruit. Coffee and water will be available all day.
- Thursday Dinner, Friday Luncheon, and Saturday Brunch
These meals are served buffet style. They will include two entrée options: one vegetarian (not vegan) and one beef or poultry. We never order pork or shellfish, but the meals are not kosher. The buffet will also include side dishes (vegetables, salad), iced tea, rolls, and dessert.
- There is also food available on the MTSU campus and within walking distance of the university.
- If you are an author and would like to sell your book(s) at the conference, please communicate directly with the MTSU bookstore manager, Jeff Whitwell, and copy Connie Huddleston. Mr. Whitwell and his staff will order books, bring them to the conference, and sell them. In your email, include: the book’s full title, names of all of the authors, publisher, ISBN number, edition, and publication date. The conference deadline for submitting book sale requests is March 1, 2018.
- If you wish to bring your own books to the conference to sell, you will be responsible for selling and managing them. We can provide a table in the foyer upon request, but we can neither provide storage for your books nor be otherwise responsible for them. Please email Connie Huddleston to reserve a table.
- We will have AV equipment (a laptop and projector) and tech support for all presenters. WIFI is available, but we recommend bringing downloaded material on a thumb drive in case of Internet outage. (PC only; we cannot accommodate Mac.)