Department of Human Sciences News & Events
Nutrition and Food Science faculty will host a Zoom workshop introducing high school nutrition teachers to the dual nutrition classes on Monday June 22, 2020, from 9 a.m. to noon. High school students who complete the Nutrition Across the LIfe Span class may take a Dual Credit Challenge Exam to earn college credit for NFS 1240 Principles of Nutrition and students taking Nutrition Science and Diet Therapy may enroll as a dual enrollment student and take the online NFS 2220 Nutrition for Health Sciences class. For more information, see the Dual Nutrition Handbook or contack Janet Colson at Janet.Colson@mtsu.edu.
Annual Fashion Degree College Scholarship Program - Fasion Schools.org is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a college student currently enrolled and a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in the fashion degree major. Click here for more information.
Nashville Fashion Week 2020, rescheduled to August
- TXMD Apparel Design 2012 graduate Leslie Stephens with her brand Ola Mai will be presenting in Nashville Fashion Week. List of designers at NFW.
TXMD Annual Fashion Show "Alernate Universe" has been cancelled to stay in line with federal regulations regarding COVID-19.
- Listen to MTSU Graduates, Diana Romanach and Carmen Bell, and Dr. Lisa Sheehan-Smith, Director of the Dietetics Program discuss our NFS Program as well as aspects that can help in gaining confidence in the kitchen. Kiddos in the Kitchen, Episode 10
- 2019-20 Nutrition & Dietetic Association (NDA) events
- Dr. Lisa Sheehan-Smith spoke with MTSU "Out of the Blue" about a new research project "Educated Eats" run by NFS-Dietetic Seniors, NHC, Krogers and NFS faculty
- NFS seniors intern with the Rutherford County UT Extension 4-H program.
- Students from Riverdale, Independence and Maury County High Schools learn about Nutrition, Health and Food-Related Majors
Melissa Mills, Interior Design 2012, received a Presidential Citation from John Starbuck 2018-2019 ASID Tennessee Chapter President. Deborah Belcher, MTSU Human Sciences Department Chair, received the ASID Tennessee Chapter 2019 Educator's Award at the ASID Tennessee Chapter State Conference on October 10th.
- 2019 "Welcome to the Festival" TXMD Runway Show
- Daniela Little (current NFS/DPD Senior) won 1st place for her poster in the CBHS Undergraduate Division at the 2019 Scholar's Day.
- https://mtsunews.com/blackman-scholars-taste-mtsu-variety/ Even remotely, Blackman scholars 'taste' MTSU's variety on BCA Day.
Department of Human Sciences
Middle Tennessee State University
1301 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Ellington Human Sciences 100
Department Interim Chair: Dr. Gina Pisut
Telephone: (615) 898-2884
Fax: (615) 898-5130
Office Hours: 8:00-4:30
- Interior Design Student Handbook
- IDES Application - DUE APRIL 1st
- Dual Nutrition Handbook
- Textiles, Merchandising, & Design Packet
- TXMD Application - DUE March 1st & October 1st
Use your Pipeline username and password for log in.