Application Process for Access and Diversity Funds
- Please refer to the MTSU Mission Statement for Access and Diversity. This is the guideline for the use of access and diversity funds. Additional information/guidelines
for assistance can be found on the IEC website under "Faculty/Staff Recruitment, Development, and Retention Guidelines."
- To be eligible to apply for access and diversity funds, you must be a full-time faculty/staff
member who is a female or a person of color.
- Complete the Dynamic Form application found at the Access and Diversity tab on the IEC website. The application, once completed
by you, will be routed to your department head/Dean (whomever is responsible for authorizing
your travel/expenses) and once approved, it will be routed to IEC. You will receive
an email each time an authorizer has completed the form. All emails will come from
email@example.com (please make sure emails from this address do not go into your Junk folder).
- If funds are requested for tuition/course work at MTSU or another institution, you
must be a tenure-track or tenured faculty member, or a full-time permanent staff member.
You must also complete the Faculty and Staff Reimbursement Form. Please forward this completed form to the IEC office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send by campus mail to CAB 116.
- Access and Diversity funds are dependent on funding on an annual basis. If available,
new funding is received on or after July 1 of each year.
- Applcations for funds are received from July 1 to May 1 of each year.
- One request per person per fiscal year is allowed until all applicants have been considered.
- Submit a Request for Travel Authorization as soon as possible once your application
has been approved. This must be completed prior to travel.
- All travel claims are due within ten (10) working days after your travel is completed.
You must have all applicable signatures authorizing your travel (department head,
dean, etc.) BEFORE submitting claims to IEC. Claims received without signatures will not be approved, and will be sent back to
you unsigned. Be advised that travel claims will be paid in accordance with MTSU
policies (e.g., per diem for meals, incidentals, etc.). Incomplete TA's or Claims
for Travel Expenses will delay processing.
- Until this application is complete, funding is not guaranteed.
- Funds MUST be used in the fiscal year in which they are requested. If they are not
used in the same fiscal year, they will be forfeited. NOTE: if you are traveling
over two fiscal years, the latter of the two years will be the one in which expenses
will be charged.
APPLICATION FOR ACCESS AND DIVERSITY FUNDS