Office of International Affairs
- The promotion of global awareness, knowledge and proficiency should be intrinsic to MTSU.
- Global and international awareness, knowledge and proficiency are essential for MTSU students to participate effectively in the 21st century.
- International education is an orientation and approach across the curriculum as well as a separate subject.
- International education at MTSU should be an integrated and collaborative effort on the part of all levels of the education establishment.
Education Abroad at MTSU is dedicated to providing all MTSU students with the highest quality international academic programs and opportunities abroad that allow them to gain the knowledge and develop the skills necessary to become successful and productive members of the global community. In partnership with MTSU colleges, schools, departments, faculty and staff we seek to increase awareness of education abroad opportunities, to promote intercultural learning and to advocate for diversity in participants and programs.
The mission of the service and admissions component of International Affairs at MTSU is to support and enhance the international students', scholars' and families' academic, cultural, and social integration at MTSU.
- Advising on and facilitating compliance with United States immigration regulations.
- Conducting orientations and other special programming that help international students and scholars integrate into and adjust to the academic, cultural and social life of MTSU and the United States.
- Serving as a liaison with United States government agencies, foreign embassies, sponsors and educational foundations that support international students and scholars.
- Contributing to the internationalization of MTSU by providing opportunities for growth through cross-cultural interactions.
IA student services works with international students and scholars from throughout the world to make their stays at MTSU and the United States positive, enriching and fulfilling through essential information, cross-cultural academic and co-curricular programs and quality service.