Department of Information Systems and Analytics Advising
Advising can be a confusing aspect of your academic career. Who do you turn to when you have a question? We understand this frustration and want you to look from this perspective.
3 Levels of Advising
Advising can be broken down into three levels; university, college, and department.
- For the student that is undeclared or that is an incoming freshmen.
- Help with general registration, course fees, scholarships, etc.
The Jones College Advising Center provides undergraduate business students with advising by professional advisors who assist students in developing an educational plan consistent with career and personal objectives leading to timely and successful graduation.
- For all Jones College of Business students. This includes all levels of students regardless if they are admitted to the college.
- Help with business courses and the Jones College of Business admission policy
- Course substitutions
- Guidance on what classes to take for general education, business core classes, and major/minor classes
- For all ISA undergraduate and graduate majors, as well as minors
- All undergraduate majors are assigned a faculty advisor
- All graduate students are assigned the Director of the ISA Graduate Program. Please email them at ISA.MS@mtsu.edu
- All minor students are assigned the Department chair, Dr. Tim Greer
- Students should look to their faculty advisor for career advice, internship and job
opportunities, and specific questions about INFS courses.
IT Connect Career Fair 2022
November 3rd, 2022
1pm to 4 pm
BAS S326 (Suntrust room)
Call us at 615.898.2362
email us at