Student Internship Opportunities
An internship through the Department of Marketing offers students unparalleled opportunities to develop professionally, acquire real-world managerial/entrepreneurial experiences, and apply classroom learning to the workplace.
Student (Intern) Requirements
- Marketing majors must have Senior classification (90+ semester hours).
- Student must have at least a 2.5 overall grade point average.
- Student must earn the internship position by securing part-time employment with an
academically approved Internship Sponsor (employer).
- The internship must be approved by the Internship Coordinator and Department of Marketing.
- In the fall or spring semester, an intern is required to work between 15 and 25 hours per week (part-time hours). In summer, interns may work full-time.
- The internship should be a new learning experience for the student intern (i.e., should not be a job the student holds currently or has held previously)
The Student (Intern) agrees to:
- Meet with Internship Coordinator as requested
- Work a minimum of 225 hours for three hours of college credit (12-25 hours per week)
- Summer - work a minimum of 2 months in the summer regardless of the number of hours earned (must work until July 15th)
- Fall - work a minimum of 3 months int the fall semester (must work until December 1st)
- Spring - work a minimum of 3 months in the spring semester (must work until April 1st)
- Work in a company approved by the Internship Coordinator
- Perform in a professional manner and comply with the employing company's regulations and policies
- Maintain employing company's confidentialities
- Submit an Internship Portfolio Project to the Internship Coordinator by the designated due date
- Ask the employing company to complete and submit Employer's Performance Evaluation of Intern form
- The Internship Coordinator has a list of internship opportunities.
- Additional internship openings can be found at the MTSU Career Center. To register, click on the link to Lightning JobSource. Internship searches are available, along with full- and part-time job openings, career recruitment on campus and other valuable information.
Coordinator of Internship Program, Instructor, Marketing
PO Box 40
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132