- KUC Room 327
- Fall 2018 Hours:
- Monday 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday 10:45.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Other days/times: Please visit the Career Development Center in the KUC, Room 328 for assistance outside of these days and times or contact Dr. Virginia Hemby, Director for Raiders' Closet at (615) 898-2369
- Questions: email Virginia.Hemby-Grubb@mtsu.edu
- Faculty in the Marketing Department have been teaching Employment Communication in the Business Communication course for over 40 years. With each passing year, these instructors have noted that students have a limited understanding about professional attire—what is acceptable to wear for an interview, for an internship, for a professional presentation, etc.
In the course of teaching this class, instructors have questioned students about their understanding of professionalism—including attire, attitude, actions, etc. While students appear to have some grasp of the fundamentals of professional dress, many ask what happens if they cannot afford to purchase a suit. Each year brings an increase in the number of students asking this question—not an unusual phenomenon considering the economic climate and rising cost of a college education.
Due to the economic hardships many students are facing, the Marketing Department decided to create a clothing closet project to help students acquire the needed professional attire. We want our MTSU students to be able to put their best “nonverbal” foot forward when seeking that internship or first job post-graduation. The project has been named RAIDERS’ CLOSET to continue our Blue Raiders theme.
Interested in Donating to Raiders’ Closet?
We all know students who need professional attire because they simply cannot afford to purchase it on their own. Please help us stock our Raiders’ Closet with gently used, professional attire for both men and women (suits, jackets, slacks, shirts, ties, skirts, scarves). Any item of clothing that you wish to donate must be dry cleaned and on hangers except for men’s dress shirts which should be dry cleaned and folded for storage on shelves.
"Raiders Closet" accepts donations during the hours of operation listed above. If you are unfamiliar with the location of Raiders' Closet on the MTSU campus, or if you have difficulty in getting to campus during the listed hours of operation, please contact Dr. Virginia Hemby, Raiders' Closet Director at (615) 898-2369 or via email at email@example.com. DONATIONS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED at the Department of Marketing.