MTSU Charlie and Hazel Daniels Veterans and Military Family Center
The Charlie and Hazel Daniels Veterans and Military Family Center (Daniels Center) is a 3,200-square-foot suite located centrally on campus. As one of the nation’s most comprehensive collegiate transitional assistance centers, it provides MTSU’s approximately 1,000 military-connected student population with a one-stop shop to meet a variety of academic, career, and social needs.
The 5-Point Mission
- Two full-time employees dedicated solely to military-connected students’ transition points—into the University and out to the civilian workforce
- Unparalleled VA access and partnerships—two full-time VA counselors (a mental health counselor and a VetSuccess on Campus counselor), as well as a visiting VA Benefits employee who holds office hours in the Daniels Center every Wednesday
- Leadership within both Student Affairs, Dr. Hilary Miller, and Academic Affairs, LTG(R) Keith M. Huber
- Strong veterans alumni network
- Outstanding analytics that allows for data-driven decisions and programming
- Numerous patriotic and veteran-related events, including a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony, Salute to the Armed Forces Day (with Veterans Memorial Ceremony, picnic, awards, and football game), and a Stole Ceremony and a Newcomers Briefing each semester.
How to Get Started With Your VA Benefits
The Daniels Center was designed with intentionality to create the conditions for student-veteran success by providing a specific environment replicating the trust, teamwork, focus, and selfless commitment of a military unit.