2023 LGBT+ College Conference
How can advisors, faculty, and student affairs staff improve retention and outcomes for LGBT+ students?
LGBT+ students are at a greater risk of experiencing difficulties than their non-LGBT+ peers
- "...it is within the higher education context that many students begin to explore and/or disclose their sexual identities, positioning college and university environments with potentially high levels of influence on this process" (Dugan & Yurman, 2011, p. 201).
- "Reviews of published campus climate studies for GLBT students universally indicate that these students experience discrimination, harassment, and fear and that the campus climate for them is chilly at best" (Brown, Clarke, Gortmaker, & Robinson-Keilig, 2004, p. 8).
- "Taken together, this information suggests that LGBTQ students may face a great deal of adversity from the campus climate. Best practices information shows that campuses can change their policies, procedures, and facilities to be more inclusive" (Tetreault, Fette, Meidlinger, & Hope, 2013, p. 950).
How can you improve your campus climate for LGBT+ students?
Want to learn more about the LGBT+ College Conference?
Benefits for administrators, faculty, advisors, and student affairs staff:
- Get information about challenges faced by LGBT+ students and concrete strategies to address those challenges.
- Advisor/faculty events to maximize your experience.
- An opportunity to socialize with students and your peers at the conference.
- Registration for the LGBT+ College Conference is free, and you are encouraged to attend all events. We want your input and participation!
Program Presentation and Participation
Sponsorships and Support
Corporate and Community Engagement
Advisory Board Chair Justin Reed (he/him; Justin.Reed@mtsu.edu)
Lambda hosts weekly meetings and membership is open to all currently enrolled MTSU students who act in good faith of Lambda's Constitution and Community Standards. Membership dues are announced at the beginning of each academic year and can be paid at any time.