MT Lambda Scholarships
MT Lambda Advocacy Scholarship
Be a full member of the MTSU Lambda Association
Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA throughout the entire academic year
Complete an essay of 1,000 words to be judged by MT Lambda Officer Board
LGBT+ Heroes Scholarship
- Be an officer of the MTSU Lambda Association for a minimum period of one academic semester OR member of the MTSU Lambda Association with a significant leadership role or significant organizational involvement for a minimum period of one academic semester.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be In good social standing as defined by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Have demonstrated financial need for academic or personal support.
- Academic achievement, personal merit, leadership, involvement in the LGBT+ community, professional experiences, marginalization, and/or personal and future goals may also be taken into consideration if any of the above criteria are not met. Recipients are to be selected by the MTSU Lambda Association Faculty Advisor (currently Dr. William Langston), the Intercultural and Diversity Affairs LGBT+ Program Assistant, and a third faculty/staff member selected by the MTSU Lambda Association Faculty Advisor and the Intercultural and Diversity Affairs LGBT+ Program Assistant.
- Each individual recipient is to be awarded a minimum of $500 per academic year.
Diversity Scholarships at MTSU
Lambda hosts weekly meetings and membership is open to all currently enrolled MTSU students who act in good faith of Lambda's Constitution and Community Standards. Membership dues are announced at the beginning of each academic year and can be paid at any time.