Recommended Reading List
Whether you have already sent a student to college, or this is your first to go, we know that one of the best ways to prepare for a major life transition is by reading! Here is a recommended reading list that we hope you will find beneficial:
- Don’t Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Guide to the College Years by Helen E. Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller
- Emptying the Nest: Launching Your Young Adult Toward Success and Self-Reliance by Brad Sachs, Ph. D.
- The iConnected Parent: Staying Close to Your Kids in College (and Beyond) While Letting Them Grow Up by Barbara K. Hofer and Abigail Sullivan Moore
- The UniversityParent Guide to Supporting Your Student’s Freshman Year by UniversityParent, Sarah Schupp, and Diane Schwemm
- Dear Parents: A Field Guide for College Preparation by Jon McGee