President's Commission on the Status of Women (PCSW)
MTSU chemistry professor, Women in STEM Center Director, and PCSW member Judith Iriarte-Gross is the 2022 recipient of the Tennessee STEM Innovation Network Excellence in Advocacy Award. Congratulations, Judith!
Read the full article here: https://www.wgnsradio.com/article/74813/mtsus-judith-iriarte-gross-honored
AgeWell Middle Tennessee
In 2021, the Council on Aging changed their name to AgeWell Middle Tennessee.
AgeWell Middle Tennessee is offering complimentary 30-minute consultations for elder caregivers through the end of March 2022. This individualized service is conducted by a geriatric care professional who will provide guidance and support to help caregivers navigate care options. To get started, caregivers can visit www.eldercarecoach.org.
All information provided is kept confidential and only used to inform the care coach. Anyone unable to register online can call AgeWell's Helpline at 615.353.4235 and request help to schedule a phone consultation.
The PCSW is a large standing committee that:
- Identifies areas of concern to women students, faculty, staff, and administrators at MTSU
- Researches how other universities and organizations deal with these issues
- Recommends policy modifications, where needed
- Funds seed projects to address problems not requiring policy changes
- Finds permanent administrative homes for projects that have the potential for long-term positive impact
- Provides support for activities of specific interest and benefit to women
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MTSU's President's Commission on the Status of Women (PCSW) is a partnership with the President's Office and serves as a primary channel of communication regarding issues and concerns related to women students, staff, faculty and administrators.
The Commission's purpose is to advocate that the University respond to the needs of women by removing obstacles and building bridges between working and social environments for women.
To that end, the Commission works collaboratively with a broad constituency of groups, offices and organizations in promoting the advancement of women through education, support, and activism.