We continue to work extremely hard to ensure that we are attracting the best and the brightest new undergraduate students from across the state of Tennessee and the region. When I get a chance to personally meet these prospective students, I am confident in telling them that if they come to MTSU they will get the attention of faculty and staff that they will need to be successful in college.
To that end, regarding our admissions efforts, we have recently added the following:
- Saturday campus tours
- A partnership with iLEAD ACT Prep to integrate MTSU admissions information and general college preparation information
- MTSU nights at various high schools (Shelby, Davidson, Williamson Counties) and in specific recruitment areas
- Application workshops in January
- host admitted student events (first on Feb. 9 with more dates pending) in specific recruitment areas for students from La Vergne and Cane Ridge High Schools and from the Nashville School of the Arts;
- offer Transfer Campus Tours on Feb. 13, March 13, and April 10;
- host a Community College Transfer Summit in February; and
- host Paint the Community Colleges True Blue events at six campuses statewide (Columbia State, Chattanooga State, Motlow main and Smyrna, Nashville State, and Vol State) in March.