Center for Professional Selling
- promote excellence in the field of professional selling and sales management
- provide world-class sales education and training to students
- remain up-to-date on sales technology and research
- allow students to hit the ground running in any sales organization
- create an alliance between the academic community and the business community
- provide businesses with the opportunity to hire outstanding student talent
Sales positions make up 66% of all business graduates' first jobs. Professional Selling is one of the most in-demand career fields across Tennessee. Jobs in this career area include sales representatives, account managers, and sales managers across all industries. With a large projected workforce deficit, there are more employment opportunities in these areas than there are skilled workers to fill them.
A major in Marketing, with a concentration in Professional Selling, prepares students for a career that offers high-income potential, variety and flexibility, and career growth and development. Courses offered will help students develop the skills of excellent oral and written communication, relationship development, self-confidence, and critical thinking and problem solving. These highly sought after skills are transferable across all industries.
MTSU’s Professional Selling Concentration helps students:
- Build professional communication skills through practice in the Mel Adams State Farm Agent Professional Sales Lab
- Develop self-confidence
- Become critical thinkers and problem-solvers
- Learn through application-based courses
- Be ready to start a sales career and generate results
- Connect with professionals through the Center for Professional Selling
Benefits of a sales career:
- High earning potential
- Opportunity for travel
- Career advancement opportunities
- Daily variety of tasks
- Working with and helping people and businesses
Did you know?
Businesses are looking for individuals in the area of sales and sales management. Over 4,000 positions are expected to open annually in Tennessee, making sales a lucrative field open to recent graduates. Differentiate yourself and prepare to succeed by studying professional sales. It will make a difference.
We want to hear from you!Contact: Thom Coats Director of the Center for Professional Selling email@example.com 615-904-8505