The major in Journalism offers preparation for students who wish to be journalists–news reporters, copy editors, feature writers, editorial writers, freelance magazine writers, and online or multiplatform journalists.
The Bachelor of Science in Journalism is accredited by The Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (ACEJMC).
In the spirit of sharing information related to the program's performance with the public, the following data is provided.
Time to Degree
- Total Credit Hours Required for Degree: 120
- Total Time to Graduate (15 Credit Hours Each Term): 8 Semesters or 4 years (if attending
only fall and spring terms)
*The time to graduation is for students beginning the program with no prior college credit.
- Journalism, B.S., Academic Map
- Journalism, Advertising-Public Relations (Advertising), B.S., Academic Map
- Journalism, Advertising-Public Relations (PR-General), B.S., Academic Map
- Journalism, Advertising-Public Relations (RIM), B.S., Academic Map
- Journalism, Media Studies, B.S., Academic Map
- Journalism, Visual Communication, B.S., Academic Map