Faculty Grants and Awards Announcements and Guidelines
Internal Faculty Grants
All internal faculty grants are designed to promote faculty development. They are classified below by focus.
Research and Creative Activity
- Faculty Research and Creative Activity (FRCAC) (Office of Research Services)
- Research Support, e.g. GRA’s, equipment repair, travel, etc. (Office of Research Services)
- Grant Matching Funds (Office of Research Services)
- Non-Instructional Assignment (NIA) (Provost’s Office)
- Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) (Office of Research Services)
- Special Projects (MTSU Development and Foundation Office)
Other / Miscellaneous
- Clean Energy Fee (Student Government Association)
- Diversity (Institutional Equity and Compliance)
- Digital Seed Grant for Research/Creative Activity, Teaching, or Service (Walker Library)
- Curriculum Redesign for Accessibility (Walker Library)
External Grants for Faculty
"Since 1976, over 5,000 women in faculty, staff, and administrative roles in higher education have further developed their leadership ability by attending the HERS Institute....
Participants find the Institute to be a safe environment to share confidential matters. The active learning style utilized by HERS faculty also leads to meaningful collaboration. The end of the HERS Institute is the beginning of something new—new methods for transforming higher education and a new professional network which possesses a deep understanding of all facets of higher education" (https://hersnet.org).
Faye Johnson is MTSU's HERS contact. She can be reached at 615-898-2953 or Faye.Johnson@mtsu.edu.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs maintains a subscription to a comprehensive funding opportunity search engine, Grant Forward. Faculty and administrators are encouraged to create a user profile at GrantFoward and sign up for email notifications of opportunities aligned with your research, service and instructional interests.
Internal Faculty Awards
- Career Achievement (Office of the University Provost)
- Distinguished Creative Activity (Office of Research Services)
- Distinguished Research (Office of Research Services)
- General Education (Office of General Education-Dr. Susan Myers-Shirk)
- Outstanding Teaching (Office of the University Provost)
- Public Service (University College)
- Outstanding Achievement in Instructional Technology (Information Technology)
External Faculty Awards
Fulbright Scholar Program
"The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers teaching, research and combination teaching/research awards in over 125 countries for the 2018-2019 academic year. Opportunities are available for college and university faculty and administrators as well as for professionals, artists, journalists, scientists, lawyers, independent scholars and many others”.
Dr. Jackie Eller is MTSU’s Fulbright Scholar Program contact. She can be reached at 615-898-2471 or Jackie.Eller@mtsu.edu.
Harold Love Outstanding Community Service Award
The Harold Love Outstanding Community Service Award, administered by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, recognizes dedicated public service by individuals in higher education. Nominees can be students or faculty/staff at any higher education institution in Tennessee. Dr. Cheryl Torsney is the MTSU contact for the award. She can be reached at 615-898-5941 or Cheryl.Torsney@mtsu.edu.
Having trouble viewing or using fillable forms? See instructions here.