Graduate Scholarships & Awards
The Psychology Department has monetary awards for outstanding students. These awards are given only once each year and are competitive.
Click on this link to apply for MTSU and Psychology Scholarships! (Note: Scholarship deadline is February 15th!)
Elizabeth Wright Award in Psychology
- Recipients must be pursuing a master’s degree in the field of Psychology and be in good standing with the department
- Recipients must have demonstrated perseverance in the face of adversity
- Preference given to students with physical challenges or financial adversity
- Preference given to students whose future goals include community service
Robert E. Prytula Memorial Scholarship
- Recipients must be pursuing a master’s degree in the field of Psychology, enrolled in the fall semester, and planning to register for the spring semester
- This $500 award recognizes academic achievement, public service, and research excellence, as well as actual and potential contributions to scientific psychology. It is the Department’s cross-program Outstanding Graduate Student award.
- Students who meet this criterion will be invited to submit additional application materials.
James Over Rust, PhD School Psychology Endowed Scholarship
- The James O. Rust Scholarship, in the amount of $500, has been awarded annually since 2004. Recipients must be nearing the end of the first year of study in the school psychology graduate program. For application materials, please contact Dr. Monica Wallace at Monica.Wallace@mtsu.edu
- Recipients must have an overall minimum GPA of 3.5
- Recipients should have a commitment to the field of school psychology, high level of responsibility, ethicality, professional attitude and skills, excellent performance in courses, and positive interactions with other students, faculty, and professionals in the field.
- In addition to the monetary amount, the student will be asked to help with community liaison. If the student were willing, this would consist of a minimum of 10 hours of phone contact with school psychology alumni over the course of the academic year of the award, to aid in keeping alumni apprised of events in the program and to help in soliciting contributions to the scholarship fund.
Angie Walker Memorial Scholarship
- Recipients must be pursuing a master’s degree in the field of Psychology
- Recipients must have an overall minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application
- Recipients must be eligible to receive need-based support
- If a recipient fails to maintain the required level of academic performance or changes to a major outside those specified, he or she will forfeit any unpaid balance of their award
Willard Kerr Memorial Scholarship/Research
- To be eligible for this award a recipient must be pursuing an advanced degree in Psychology and must be participating in advanced quantitative research.
MTSU offers a number of scholarships that may be applicable to psychology majors who have completed the General Scholarship Application. Students can conduct a scholarship search to determine the availability of such awards.
To apply for one of the above psychology scholarships or to view all MTSU scholarships, click on this link. (Note: The deadline for scholarships is February 15th!)
For additional scholarships, please visit:
- Graduate Studies Program website
- American Indian Graduate Center (American Indian and Alaskan Natives)
- MTSU Financial Aid Office
Use your Pipeline username and password for log in.
Department of Psychology
Academic Classroom Building (ACB)
Hours: 8AM - 4:30PM,