- Timely dissemination of relevant information regarding sources of available funding
- Facilitating proposal development and submission
- Development of budgets for grants and contracts
- Preparing and negotiating contracts
- Pre-Submission Review! Multiple eyes on multiple drafts of grant proposals increases the likelihood of funding. As part of our commitment to help faculty succeed in the pursuit and performance of externally-funded scholarship, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs facilitates pre-submission review of proposals for external funding. Proposers provide ORSP with a complete draft of the proposal narrative, budget and budget justification elements, 30 calendar days or more prior to the due date, and we provide written comments by two or more reviewers and the opportunity to interview with us about those comments, no less than 14 days prior to the due date, allowing proposers to make the necessary edits before final submission.
Proposal Development Staff
The Proposal Development and Pre Award Specialists are responsible for increasing faculty and staff research and sponsored programs by the development and delivery of training, partnership development, pre-proposal planning, and proposal development.
MTSU Sponsored Programs Scholars Directory
Scholars Directory is a catalog of funded proposals from July 2015 to the present. The directory will allow you to search by the primary investigator's name, department, grant title, as well as gain details regarding the funding sponsor and program.
Samantha E. Cantrell, Ph.D.
Proposal Development Specialist
- College of Behavioral & Health Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Media and Entertainment
- University College
- Walker Library
Position is currently vacant
- College of Basic & Applied Sciences
- College of Education