July 11, 2022 Article from GOBLUERAIDERS.COM
Men’s Tennis Earns C-USA and ITA All-Academic Team Honors
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Middle Tennessee men's tennis has been awarded the Conference USA Men's Tennis Academic Award, the ITA All-Academic Team Award, and individual ITA Scholar-Athlete Awards announced by the respected organizations office on Monday morning.
"This is impressive to have all of the guys recognized," said head coach Jimmy Borendame. "Credit to them for the hard work on and off the court. These guys succeed in anything they put their minds to. Keep it up."
For the past three seasons, every student-athlete on the MT men's tennis roster has been honored as an ITA Scholar. During the Coach Borendame era, 69 student-athletes have been named ITA Scholar Athletes and the squad has won 12-straight ITA All-Academic Team Awards since 2011.
ITA Scholar-Athlete (Number of times awarded)
Per the C-USA, the Sport Academic Award is given to the team in each conference-sponsored sport with the highest GPA for the academic year.
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year