July 11, 2022 Article from GOBLUERAIDERS.COM
Women’s Tennis Awarded ITA All-Academic Team Honors
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Middle Tennessee women's tennis earns the ITA All-Academic Team Award and four ITA Scholar Athletes for the fifth consecutive season, all of which under head coach Tayo Bailey-Duvall, announced by the ITA office on Monday morning.
"I am proud of Muskan, Lilly-Sophie, Eloise, and Love-Star for earning this award," said Bailey-Duvall. "They understand how important their performance in the classroom is and are great examples of what it means to be a student-athlete."
In the last five seasons, 22 Blue Raider women's tennis student-athletes have been named ITA Scholar Athletes, each of those seasons the team has won the ITA All-Academic Team Award.
ITA Scholar Athletes (Number of times awarded)
Eloise Swarbrick (1)
Lilly-Sophie Schmidt (1)
Love-Star Alexis (1)
Muskan Gupta (3)
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year