Skip to Main Content
Campus services and operations are open and we anticipate normal operations for the Fall 2021 semester. View updates.
- What’s Making Your Company a Ransomware Sitting Duck »
What's the low-hanging fruit for ransomware attackers? What steps could help to fend them off, and what’s stopping organizations from implementing those steps?
- Carnival Cruise Cyber-Torpedoed by Cyberattack »
This is the fourth time in a bit over a year that Carnival’s admitted to breaches, with two of them being ransomware attacks.
- Insider Versus Outsider: Navigating Top Data Loss Threats »
Troy Gill, manager of security research at Zix, discusses the most common ways sensitive data is scooped up by nefarious sorts.
- ‘Oddball’ Malware Blocks Access to Pirated Software »
Rather than steal credentials or hold data for ransom, a recent campaign observed by Sophos prevents people from visiting sites that offer illegal downloads.
- Faux ‘DarkSide’ Gang Takes Aim at Global Energy, Food Sectors »
A DarkSide doppelganger mounts a fraud campaign aimed at extorting nearly $4 million from each target.
- Clop Raid: A Big Win in the War on Ransomware? »
Cops arrest six, seize cars and cash in splashy raid, and experts are applauding.
- Cisco Smart Switches Riddled with Severe Security Holes »
The intro-level networking gear for SMBs could allow remote attacks designed to steal information, drop malware and disrupt operations.
- Geek Squad Vishing Attack Bypasses Email Security to Hit 25K Mailboxes »
An email campaign asking victims to call a bogus number to suspend supposedly fraudulent subscriptions got right past Microsoft's native email controls.
- CVS Health Records for 1.1 Billion Customers Exposed »
A vendor exposed the records, which were accessible with no password or other authentication, likely because of a cloud-storage misconfiguration.
- Threat Actors Use Google Docs to Host Phishing Attacks »
Exploit in the widely used document service leveraged to send malicious links that appear legitimate but actually steal victims credentials.