DSST Exams (formerly DANTES)
The DSST is a credit-by examination process which gives students an opportunity to receive college credit for prior learning experience. All DSST exams are computer based with the exception of Principles of Public Speaking which is not offered at MTSU. For a list of offered exams, visit the DSST web site.
Before taking the DSST at MTSU you need to complete all items on the check list
- Create a DSST account at http://www.getcollegecredit.com
- Pay the $30 proctoring fee at the MTSU market place (nonrefundable -- you may not test without paying this fee).
- Schedule an appointment – Select the DSST “service” for all exams.
- Visit Parking Services website
- Bring proper identification and a credit card (for DSST testing fee).
- Meet with your advisor to ensure the test meets degree requirements.
DSST test fees start at $85 dollars per test plus a MTSU test administration fee of $30.
- The exam fee is paid to DSST via online payment with credit or debit card. Bring your card to the test.
- The test administration fee of $30 is paid online via credit or debit card at the MTSU Market Place. This fee is nonrefundable; missed tests may be rescheduled. Please pay when you schedule your appointment. You may not use MTSU computers for Market Place transactions; use your personal device for this purpose.
To schedule an exam at MTSU, follow the test scheduling link and select the DSST “service” to for all subjects. Create an account on the DSST web site before your arrival; you will need the account to take your test.
Students need to contact specific departments within their colleges and universities regarding DSST to ensure the credit will apply to your degree program before registering for any exam. It is the examinee's responsibility to ensure that he/she registers for the correct exam.
Students who wish to have their score reports automatically sent to MTSU need to enter the college code, 8829, at the time of testing.
Current & valid picture ID: driver's license, passport, or picture MTSU student identification card.
Preparation for the exam is recommended. Practice exams and study guides can be found on the DSST web site.
On campus parking requires a permit. Please visit the MTSU Parking Services website for details.
The test center is located in the Keathly University Center room 108 (enter 107). Use 1524 Military Memorial for your GPS.
How can we help?