Undergraduate Research Center
- Our Fall URECA Workshop will take place on Thursday, August 30, 2018 from 3:00-4:00pm in BAS S332. The workshop will cover everything you need to know about applying for an Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) grant. We hope you will join us!
- The Summer Research Celebration will be held on Friday, August 31, 2018 from 11:30am-1:30pm in the Science Building Atrium (1st floor).
- Fall URECA application deadline: September 6, 2018, 4:30 PM. If your project requires IRB or IACUC approval, the URECA Committee strongly recommends that you begin the approval process before you begin your proposal. Please visit MTSU's IRB website to find out if your project will require IRB approval. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 6, 2018 at 4:30 PM.
- Please join us for our Fall Undergraduate Research Open House on Thursday, October 4, 2018 from 12-3pm in the Science Building Artrium (2nd floor). Stop by to check out some of the lastest research presented by our Undergraduate Researchers and grab a bite to eat!
- Spring URECA application deadline: January 24, 2019, 4:30 PM. If your project requires IRB or IACUC approval, the URECA Committee strongly recommends that you begin the approval process before you begin your proposal. Please visit MTSU's IRB website to find out if your project will require IRB approval. Please email your application to email@example.com no later than January 24, 2019 at 4:30 PM.
Interested in Summer Internships? Here are some links to different research opportunities:
- Aegis Sciences Corporation
- Office of Naval Research
- National Institutes of Health - Application open 11/1 - 3/1
- NASA Laboratories
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates - Deadlines & locations vary
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory - Higher Education Research Experiences
- MTSU Career Development Center
URC Funding Statistics
The MTSU Undergraduate Research Center was created in 2004 to promote research at the undergraduate level and to provide university support for undergraduate students and the faculty members who mentor them in scholarly and creative activities. This includes providing information and financial support through grants.
Although the URC administers the university funds dedicated to undergraduate research through Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) grants, the URECA Committee evaluates proposals based on merit. This committee is composed of accomplished and passionate faculty representatives from all 5 colleges at MTSU. Programs that involve undergraduate research on campus include: MTSU Honors College, TLSAMP, Tennessee Space Grant, Geoenvironmental Challenges REU, and First STEP.
As part of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, the Undergraduate Research Center (URC) mission is to be the central hub for communication about undergraduate research grant programs and other related opportunities on and off campus and to distribute university funds for undergraduate research and creative projects and travel to disseminate results.
The URC is pursuing its vision to nurture a culture of research and creative activity at MTSU through support for undergraduate students and their faculty mentors.
Implement the goals of the University's Academic Master Plan related to the URC mission with the following values:
- Excellence in research, scholarship, and creative projects
- Opportunities for student-centered learning
- Productive internal and external collaborations and partnerships
- Success in academic and professional careers of our undergraduate students and their faculty mentors
Follow us on Facebook!
2018 Posters at the Capitol MTSU participants