Poster and Presentation Resources
Various conferences and events will specify the poster size requirements. For the Scholars Week poster expo, please adhere to standard poster dimensions of 36" tall x 48" wide (horizontal orientation).
How to check the dimensions or resize your poster:
- If you are using a PowerPoint template, make sure that the slide size is 36” by 48”. (PowerPoint -> Design tab -> Slide size on the top right -> Customize size)
- Save poster as a PDF file. To double-check the dimensions of the pdf file, go to (File -> properties, look at ‘Page Size’ under Advanced)
Selecting a Poster Template + Design
- PosterPresentations.com 40+ templates with step-by-step instructions and quick tutorials to guide you through the poster design process.
- MTSU graphics PowerPoint poster templates
See examples of winning poster designs!
Need help? Attend a workshop!
Are you getting ready to design a research poster for a class or academic conference or event? Check the URC Events webpage for workshop opportunities.
What to include in your poster:
Title of your research
Your name, co-author(s) name, mentor(s) name
To learn more about what to include in your poster, check out this helpful article about Poster Basics!
All poster presented on campus or at local, regional, or national conferences must
include the MTSU logo. URECA students must recognize URECA in the acknowledgment
section of the poster include the URECA logo.
Download logos here:
If you are feeling particularly creative and/or would like to keep your poster design
simple, there is a new, more accessible poster design that we encourage you to try.
It takes less time to design, quickly peaks the viewers interest, features less words,
gives the viewer access to a QR code (which links to more information about your project),
and transfers knowledge more quickly and efficiently.
Free QR Code Generator
This video discuses the logic behind the design and its possibilities,
Poster Printing Services
The Undergraduate Research Center offers free poster printing for undergraduate students presenting at a MTSU, local, national, or international conference.
If you would like to schedule a time for us to print your poster for...
- a conference, please email Casey.Penston@mtsu.edu.
- Scholars Week or Undergraduate Open House, please click HERE.
Has your event been canceled?
Due to COVID disruptions, you may be curious how to list a presentation or poster from a cancelled event on your CV? Check out the American Psychological Association's guidelines here.