Travel Support for Undergraduate Research
The Undergraduate Research Center strives to support students in dissemination of their research. Undergraduates who are accepted to present their research at a regional, state, national, or international conference are eligible to receive travel funding.
- $400 yearly maximum for domestic travel and $500 yearly maximum for international travel.
- Awarded travel funds are payable on a reimbursable basis only.
- To apply for these funds, you need to complete two forms: a travel application with signatures and documentation of invitation to present AND a travel authorization (not required for travel within the state of Tennessee) with signatures and documentation of estimated expenses.
- Deliver both forms to Wendi Watts in the Sam Ingram Building, G014C. She will notify you within a few days if your request has been approved.
- For domestic travel, the form needs to be turned in at least 30 days in advance; for international travel, at least 60 days in advance.
- Upon your return, you will need to fill out a travel claim form within 30 days of your return and attach all original receipts. Sign and deliver to Ms. Watts.
For questions email Wendi Watts or call 615-904-8040.