Off Center Submission Guidelines
We welcome content across a variety of genres, including essays, personal writing, creative nonfiction, all kinds of fiction-fiction, and poetry. We aren’t totally sure what we love until we read it, so send it to us and let us fall in rapture with your written word.
If the pen and ink thing isn’t your passion, we also publish creative works from a variety of alternative medias, from art (painting, photography, digital media creations). Not sure if you have something we are looking for? Well, neither are we: submit and see at email@example.com. Visual pieces should be in a high-resolution jpeg.
We have a particular interest in pieces that are about, celebrate, or detail the creative process, that talk about writing, or are about experiences within the University Writing Center or detail your personal development as a writer.
It goes without saying (but we will anyway), that you should be the original creator of your art -- be it written or otherwise, that you have reproduction and publishing rights, and that you are okay with it being published in our magazine. You retain the rights to your work (meaning you are welcome to publish it elsewhere), but know that it will appear on on the Internet and will be permanently archived.
Submission Guidelines for Manuscripts and Artwork
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry may be single spaced
- All manuscripts should be formatted in a readable (12 point) font, with at least 1 inch margins
- Please include your full name, class standing (or faculty standing) on the manuscript
- For Art: please include the medium of composition and the title of the piece (IE: “Photo”/Watercolor)
- Every submission must also include an email address for response
- All submissions should also include MTSU affiliation, i.e. student, faculty, staff, etc.
- All submissions should come to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about large piece submission should be submitted to the previous email.
Walker Library, Room 362