Workshops and Special Events
Events Fall 2019
- August 19-22: The UWC will participate in several beginning-of-the-semester events including: New Faculty Orientation, International Student Orientation, College of Graduate Studies Orientation, the Charlie and Hazel Daniels Veterans and Military Family Center's "Newcomer's Briefing" Orientation, and the Student Transition and Academic Readiness (S.T.A.R.) program.
- August 28: The UWC Open House: Come check out the UWC and have some coffee and treats on us!
- September 4: The UWC will join the Makerspace for an Open House.
- September 18: The UWC with MT Engage will present an LT&ITC workshop on Designing and Evaluating Reflective Writing Assignments at 11:00.
- September 19: The UWC will host Central Magnet School writing tutors for a professional development workshop day.
- September 24: The UWC will welcome Siegel High School tutors for a professional development workshop day.
- September 26: The UWC will participate in a workshop series for graduate writing with Walker Library and the College of Graduate Studies. The UWC will host its workshop on Graduate Level Writing at 10:00 am and 6:00 pm in LIB 272.
- October 4: The UWC will hold our very first "First Friday" Brown Bag Lunch of the semester for English graduate students and English graduate faculty.
- October 10: The UWC and MTSU Online will host Dr. Beth Hewett, an expert on online writing instruction and support, for a dynamic guest lecture at 11:00 in HONR 106. Anyone who teachers online/hybrid courses that have reading and writing components is encouraged to attend.
- October 17 and October 21: The UWC along with Walker Library and the College of Graduate Studies will host two Writing Center Writing Retreats for graduate students. Both will be held at 10:00 am in LIB 272.
- November 1: The UWC will hold the second "First Friday" Brown Bag Lunch of the semester.
- November 2: The UWC is proud to host Tutor Collaboration Day (TuColla) 2019 sponsored by the Southeastern Writing Center Association (SWCA)! Please see our TuColla 2019 website for details and CFP.
- The UWC collected books for the Children's Book Drive until April 12, 2019. The books were donated in April.
- TheUWC hosted "First Friday" Brown Bag Lunch Series for English graduate students
in fall and spring semester. Here are some highlights from spring 2019:
- February 1, 12:00-1:00pm, LIB 362: Dr. Eric Detweiler and PhD student Sarah Wolfe. Download Flyer for more details
- February 22, 12:00-1:00pm, LIB 362: Dr. Poushali Bhadury and PhD candidate Rachel Donegan. Download Flyer for more details
- March 29, 12:00-1:00pm, LIB 362: Drs. Ellen Donovan, Rhonda McDaniel, William Levine, Chris Weedman, Eric Detweiler, and Martha Dixon discussed their upcoming summer and fall courses.
Walker Library, Room 362
The Writing Center
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132