Technology, Innovation, and Pedagogy Services
The Information Technology Division's (ITD) instructional support team is available to assist faculty in the use of technology in the teaching / learning arena. Whether that involves best practices in using technology for encouraging active learning, how to set up a gradebook in D2L, deciding what technology tool would work best to meet a desired learning outcome, support in doing a SoTL research project, and more, the team would be happy to help. Through our partnership with Academic Affairs, the team provides services in the Faculty Instructional Technology Center (FITC) and the Learning, Teaching and Innovative Technologies Center (LT&ITC) and ROTCX locations.
Services that we provide
- Faculty consultations:
- Using instructional technologies (instructional software, technical teaching tools, Learning Management System (LMS) questions, eportfolio, etc.)
- Designing courses / course materials (Instructional Design/ pedagogy support, syllabus development, accessibility, multimedia development, etc.)
- Data management (file transfer, database development, survey scanning, etc.)
- Pedagogy support (Faculty Fellows, Teaching Excellence Workshops, Faculty learning communities, reading and writing groups, etc.)
- Research support (Data collection, statistics, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), etc.)
- Administration of the campus learning management system (LMS) - D2L's Brightspace and associated instructional and classroom tools
- Individualized instruction or group workshops on "teaching with technology" pedagogies and "How-to's" in the use of a wide variety of technology tools
- Learning multimedia - access, storage, development, etc.
- Accessibility support, including reviews and remediation planning
- Administrative support of the Teaching with Technology Committee (TWTC) (formerly the Instructional Technologies Development Committee) to determine annual Innovation Grant recipients and the Outstanding Use of Instructional Technology Award winner
Please explore the resources on this page for more details about our services and information on specific tools, topics and processes. One-on-one support is offered via phone, email or in-person. Drop-ins are welcome but appointments are encouraged to ensure that one of the team will be available to assist.
Meet the AIT Staff
How to contact us
- Phone: 615-904-8189
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get help: support form
- Drop-ins: team members are located in: