Scheduling An Advising Appointment
Students who call 615-904-8063 to schedule appointments will be asked for their preferred appointment method and those who use the online scheduling system, Navigate, are asked to choose "Jones College of Business Advising Center (BAS N216)" as the location.
The online scheduling system is accesible in the MTSU Moblie App, the Jones College of Business Moblie App, in Quicklinks on the MTSU homepage, and in your PipelineMT account under Priority Registration Tools.
Your academic advisor will email your MTSU email account with appointment instructions and details by the scheduled time.
Your academic advisor will call you at your scheduled time using the phone number listed in your PipelineMT account. It is recommended you also type a phone number into the comments section when using the online appointment scheduler.
Your academic advisor will either send you a Zoom appointment invitation before your scheduled appointment time or the Zoom link will be in the appointment reminder email. In the event of connectivity issues a Zoom appointment will become a phone appointment.
Advising offices for Jones College of Business are located in the Business and Aerospace Building (BAS), North Side (N), 2nd Floor. Students check in with the secretary, BAS N 216. The secretary will notify your advisor when you arrive. It's best to be early for your appointment. The secretary checks in students for numerous advisors.
Preparing for your appointment:
- Know your advisor’s name, email, and direct office phone number.
- Consistently check your MTSU email for updated instructions for your email, phone, or Zoom appointment.
- Set up and/or check voicemail in the event you miss an advising appointment call.
- Familiarize yourself with DegreeWorks, the degree-audit system available in your PipelineMT account.
- Make a list of classes you think you need for the upcoming term.
- If available, check and know your assigned registration time for the upcoming term.
- Gather advising questions and any previous advising materials.
- Be ready with computer access in the event we need to guide you using online resources.
- Have paper and a pen or pencil available for notes.