Mission and Guiding Principles
Mission of Jennings A. Jones College of Business
- Foster student success in a large business school with a small school feeling, created by caring, professional faculty interacting with students as individuals in relatively small classes, through proactive student organizations, and in a broad range of other settings, with students’ needs constantly of prime consideration;
- Capitalize on its extensive alumni network—80 percent of Jones College graduates live and work in Middle Tennessee—to provide career opportunities to its students;
- Cultivate a global understanding and perspective among students that enables them to succeed in the international business community;
- Build the base of knowledge about business-related theory and practice through basic/discovery scholarship, integration/application scholarship, and teaching/learning scholarship;
- Participate in impactful service activities that better the university, the broader profession, and the greater community; and
- Produce graduates from its bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and executive/continuing education programs
who are well prepared for challenges and advancements in their chosen careers.
- Accessibility. Jones College will offer a broad range of programs and delivery alternatives to meet the needs of its various student constituencies
- Diversity. Jones College will actively encourage an open and safe environment, appreciating the values, skills, and abilities of everyone involved, recognizing and incorporating the multiplicity of backgrounds, voices, and perspectives in thought and action.
- Ethical Conduct. Jones College personnel will pursue their professional responsibilities with diligence, integrity, and authenticity, continually improve their professional knowledge and skills, and demonstrate concern for the interests and well-being of those affected by our actions.