Summer Camps and Minors on Campus
MTSU hosts various athletic, academic, music, science, and arts camps throughout the Summer months. To support camp directors of both University-sponsored and private camps, the following provides information on the University's policies regarding minors on campus. Additional resources regarding Summer camp risk management and camp safety best practices are also provided below.
Information sessions regarding camp safety and risk management practices and resources are presented annually during the Spring semester. In addition, the Office of University Counsel annually provides a presentation to camps regarding MTSU's Minors on Campus Policy 101. Finally, a Summer Camp Safety and Risk Management Training video is available on MTSU's training landing page and is accessible here. Employees wishing to view the training must logon with their MTSU FSA username and password.
The State of Tennessee has also provided guidance on the operation of camps during the COVID-19 pandemic. Information about the State of Tennessee's Youth Camp Guidelines for 2021 is available here. Camps utilizing MTSU properties and facilities should also contact Student Health Services for additional guidance regarding COVID-19 protocols.
- Minors on Campus Training Presentation - Office of University Counsel, 2021
- WEBINAR - Camp Safety and Risk Management: Tools for Summer 2021
- COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Protocols - 2021
- MTSU University Police Contact Information
- Summer Camp Safety and Risk Management Planning - Office of Compliance and ERM, 2021
- Policy 101 - Minors Participating in University Sponsored Programs or Programs Using University Facilities
- Policy 735 - Environmental Health and Safety
- Policy 730 - Campus Crisis and Emergency Management
- American Camp Association - Hot Topics (includes information regarding COVID-19)
- 2021 Summer Camp Safety and Risk Management Training Video