Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) and Meharry Medical College School of Medicine (MMCSOM)Medical School Early Acceptance Program (MSEAP)Admissions Application
The Medical School Early Acceptance Program (MSEAP) is an undergraduate and medical school educational program for Tennessee residents administered by Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) and Meharry Medical College’s School of Medicine (MMCSOM). The purpose of the program is to increase the number of primary care physicians serving medically underserved populations as well as alleviating health care disparities in rural Tennessee. It is a seven-year early medical acceptance program restricted to incoming first-year students that begins with acceptance into the program as an undergraduate at MTSU and concludes with graduation from Meharry Medical College. The program consists of three years of study in a prescribed undergraduate premedical curriculum and four years of medical school study. Upon matriculation into the program, students receive conditional acceptance to MMCSOM, pending continued successful completion of stated benchmarks as defined in the student’s responsibility section below.
Admissions into MSEAP
Students applying for the program must have a minimum high school grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.* They must also have earned a minimum Composite ACT score of 28 (or equivalent SAT score). Upon meeting minimum requirements final acceptance into the program will be determined by a formal interview provided by a joint Admissions Committee comprised of representatives from both MTSU and Meharry Medical College.
Up to 10 students may be selected to participate in the program each year contingent upon funding.
*Grade point average means a grade point average on a 4.0 scale calculated with additional internal quality points awarded for advanced placement, honors or other similar courses according to the Uniform Grading Policy adopted by the State Board of Education.
Student Commitment and Responsibilities
Each student selected for admission must agree to the following:
- To attend the MSEAP Bridge Program, a two-week summer academic enrichment program
that gives admitted MSEAP students a head start on their college education.
- This challenging program combines an intensive personalized academic experience with structured one-on-one learning support to prepare students with the foundational tools necessary to achieve success in the MSEAP Program.
- The first week of the program takes place on campus at MTSU and the second week takes place at MMCSOM.
- Students will be offered meals and housing on campus at MTSU. Transportation to and from MMCSOM is provided as well.
- Because the Bridge Program is mandatory for accepted students it is offered at no charge to students.
- Tentatively scheduled to begin on Monday, August 12, 2024 and conclude on Friday, August 23, 2024.
- To attend a six-week summer academic and clinical enrichment program at MMCSOM each summer beginning after the first year at MTSU.
- To participate in an intense formal MCAT review, complete the MCAT exam, and to release scores to Meharry prior to matriculation at MMCSOM.
- To complete and submit an AMCAS application along with the MMCSOM application.