COE Student Resources
Below are a list of supporting resources the College of Education advising team has worked to gather for our education students.
A.S.T. Transfer Pathway for Elementary & Early Childhood
VERY IMPORTANT! Download the above A.S.T. Student Handbook, which serves as the essential and comprehensive guide for all students planning to transfer to MTSU following the Associates in Teaching (A.S.T.) transfer pathways from one of our community college partners.
After reviewing the handbook, you can find major-specific documents below to help ensure you understand your unique transfer pathway. Incoming students are required to sign up for CUSTOMS, the new student orientations prior to their starting term.
Early Childhood Education
COE ACadv Newsletters
- COE Student Folder (advising binder insert provided to students their first semester)
- Admission to TEP Checklist (keep up with the requirements as you go)
- Admission to TEP Application Site (application link, recommendation form, background check instructions, etc. can all be found here)
- Satisfactory Tests Information (compare ACT to the Praxis Core)
- How to Register for Praxis
- Praxis Core Tips By & For Our Students (collected by students, a living Google doc)
- Praxis Core Prep Resources (collected by advisors, view only)
- Admission to Teacher Education - *NEW Appeal Criteria
- COST Student Teaching Abroad Brochure (for Residency II students only)
- Residency I Application (submit the semester ahead)
- Residency II Application (submit the semester ahead)
- Candidacy Letter (sent by your advisor upon confirmation of your acceptance)
- Tennessee Department of Education (helpful information about licensure)
- ETS Tennesse Licensure Testing Information
- Praxis Exam Test Charts
Download the MTSU Mobile App