Adaptive Technology Center
Come Visit Us!
Our lab is located on the first floor of Walker Library, room 174; visit our About page for contact info and hours of operation. If you are interested in our services but have not registered with the DAC yet, their office is on the first floor of the Keathley University Center, room 107.
You may use the links below to quickly jump to the ATC software and service you are interested in:
- Alternative Formats: Academic Books/Course Materials
- Kurzweil 3000 Reading/Writing Software
- Read&Write Reading/Writing Software
- Glean Notetaker Software
- JAWS/ZoomText/Fusion Accessibility Software (Screen Reader/Screen Magnifier)
- AIRA Wayfinding and Audio Description
Accessible Computers & Equipment
In the ATC we have six accessible workstations, each with a full suite of adaptive software. We also have refreshable braille displays, desktop video magnifiers, and high contrast keyboards available at select computers.
Fortunately, students are not limited to the computers in the ATC for accessibility. Adaptive technologies can be found at the following locations:
- Business and Aerospace Building (BAS)
- Kirksey Old Main (KOM)
- Public areas in the James E. Walker Library (LIB):
- 2 workstations in the EIC on the 1st floor
- 1 workstation each on floors 2-4 (1st computer on the left past the elevators)
Please note that each of the above locations has separate hours of operation.