Building Services is often the first to respond to after-hours urgencies and emergencies to restore utilities, to halt further damage to campus facilities from natural disasters and systems failures, and to enable a secure environment for the MTSU campus community. The maintenance and restoration of major campus utilities is a responsibility which is shared with the Energy Services Department. Building Services has among its core purposes:
- To maintain a campus environment conducive to learning, safety, and personal development
- To provide accessible and appropriately maintained university facilities to meet the academic, recreational, and personal needs of all students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- To maintain and enhance the value and utility of the University’s physical plant.
- To deliver superior value to the University community by providing high quality maintenance and repair services at the lowest possible cost through visioning, leadership, stewardship and sustainable practices.
- To enhance the total campus experience for the students and the faculty, staff, administration, and visitors.
Director of Building Services: Don Turner