Important Forms and Schedules
- Schedule of Courses by Semester 2022-2026
- Upper Division Forms (Requires Advisor and Department Chair Signatures)
- Student Schedule of Courses by Semester to Complete Courses Required on Upper Division Form
- Geoscience Course Prerequisites
- Intent to Graduate Form (Must be submitted with Upper Division Form)
- Drop/Add/Late Registration Form
- Course Substitution Form (Requires Advisor and Department Chair Signature
Click the image above to see a larger version.
Dr. Warner Cribb’s research focuses on the geologic history of the solid Earth, with particular emphasis on the growth of continental crust in volcanic mountain belts. Most of Dr. Cribb’s students research the formation and chemical evolution of magmas that form volcanoes in the Cascade Range of Oregon and Washington. Their research goal is to improve the understanding of how molten rock beneath volcanoes forms, and how the chemical and physical properties of the molten rock change as it travels through Earth’s crust towards the surface.
Student research involves conducting fieldwork in the spectacular Cascade Range to collect rock samples at volcanoes, and then conducting geochemical and mineralogical analyses of the samples in labs at MTSU. Dr. Cribb’s students learn useful skills through their research, such as how to conduct geologic sample collection, how to geochemically analyze rock and mineral samples, and how to interpret and model geochemical data.
Most of Dr. Cribb’s students present their research results at national scientific conferences. Many of his students have been awarded full graduate assistantships and fellowships to attend some of the best geology graduate research programs in the country, such as at Notre Dame University, Vanderbilt University, Baylor University, The University of Oklahoma, and the University of Utah. After earning their M.S. or Ph.D. degrees, these students find employment in a range of geoscience employment sectors, such as mining, oil and gas exploration, advanced materials research, environmental consulting, and education.